Hi. My name is Sylvia Chong, and I am a Food Scientist, Entrepreneur, Regulatory Guru, Food Safety Specialist, Alchemist, Food Processing Mastermind, Practitioner of Medical Qigong and Herb Enthusiast. I am honoured that you are here and interested in what I do. I make sense of the technical nonsense, and I guide and coach Agri-Entrepreneurs to become Masters of their Small-Scale Operations.
I currently offer consulting services to support Agri-Entrepreneurs in business growth. I do this by providing clients with the technical and operational pieces needed to scale-up and meet regulatory requirements, or by teaching them how to do this themselves. Teaching can be either 1-on-1 coaching or in a more traditional workshop or classroom style, both in-person or online. I have a knack for assessing and managing business risk; or doing what I call ‘Resilience Building’, and a creative side that balances out all that serious stuff.
I believe that each local small-scale (food) business contributes tremendous value to our local economy, and my deep understanding, experience and navigational skills in the Canadian Food Industry is your advantage. I also believe that Entrepreneurs should be empowered to steer their business in directions that align with your personal goals and values.
Recently there has been a lot of interest from food and agricultural entrepreneurs to explore value-added opportunities in food and other Agri-Industries, such as Self-Care Products (including Natural Health Products). This is a time of pivotal change in the way we interact with our Environment, and I am so excited for the opportunities that are in front of us. We are all to be facilitators of change and growth for our Agri-Industries and our world.
I welcome you to connect with me in a 15 minute complimentary discovery session. Simply click on the “CONNECT” tab, fill out a contact request and suggest three dates/times (note that my office hours are Monday – Thursday from 9:30 am – 2:30 pm). Let’s talk about your project and see if we’re a good fit to work together.
My Experience, Education & Qualifications:
- Certified Canadian HACCP Professional
- Master of Science (2005), University of Guelph (Food Science)
- Bachelor of Science (2001), University of Guelph (Food Science)
- Director, Small Scale Food Processors Association
- Director, Central Kootenay Food Policy Council
- 5 years food industry experience as a Product Developer / Product Development Manager
- 5 years food industry experience in Research & Development
- 5 years food, natural health product, and chemicals industries Regulatory and Quality Management Consultant
- 5 years food industry experience in Sales & Marketing, Foodservice and Quality Management
- Numerous professional courses in Food Safety & HACCP
To receive a full copy of Sylvia’s CV, fill in the form below: